4/27/2009

BMW Imports From The US

Importer Stories Are Requested

If you have purchased a BMW vehicle and imported it from the US into Canada, you may have had to pay any or all of the following fees:

1. Letter of Admissibility fee (pre-July 2008);

2. Instrument Cluster Modification fees;

3. Heater Module Conversion fees;

4. Other administrative charges imposed by BMW.

If you are interested in posting your story on this blog, please click on the word "comments" below and tell us about your experiences. Please keep your stories honest and to the point as they may be required for presentation to the courts.

2 comments:

  1. Well I have just been informed that I will need to shell out $500 for the BMW motorcycle that I have just imported PLUS I have to drive it to the nearest local dealer (Moncton, N.B.) from PE just so they can confirm the VIN!

    When I add thant to the $2500 for the 330 car it is over $3000 for two vehicles and two trips to Moncton during business hours hence a day from my work. All to satisfy BMW Canada.

    In another case I was fortunate enough to have a dealer print off everything I needed and the vehicle was registered without any additional costs.

    This confirms how Canadian consumers who import BMWs are being gouged.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Provided by lawsuit follower:

    Hi there;

    I just stumbled into the information on the class action suit regarding the importation of vehicles. Is that suit still live? Can I climb aboard?

    One other tactic that has happened is BMW Canada will not honour the "Certified Pre-Owned" warranty on a car imported from the US.

    This is A BMW North America warranty and the Canadian Dealers are actually advertising Canadian Cars with the same warranty and cover them.

    I went to Victoria BMW strung a sales guy along for hours including him taking me to the service department to explain the warranty and at the last minute backed out of the deal.

    Strangely the pamphlet and documentation they were using was exactly the same as what was in my owner's manual envelope.

    They still would not honour the warranty.

    Now I am going down to the States and have a BMW dealer there fix the problem and I want to hose BMW Canada.

    Help!

    ReplyDelete