4/27/2009

Mercedes-Benz Imports From The US

Importer Stories Are Requested

If you have purchased a Mercedes-Benz vehicle and imported it from the US into Canada, you may have had to pay any or all of the following fees:

1. Fee for pre-import modification quote from Canadian dealership;

2. Fee for recall clearance confirmation before or after dealership had completed modifications to vehicle;


3. Instrument Cluster and/or Heater Module Conversion fees;

4. Fees for Letter of Compliance.

If you are interested in posting your story on this blog, please click on the word "comments" below and tell us about your experiences. Please keep your stories honest and to the point as they may be required for presentation to the courts.

2 comments:

  1. Posted by Michael:

    It is morally and legally wrong what Mercedes Benz is doing with our imports to us Canadians with our governments support. Like most people, I made sure I knew what I was getting into by calling RIV and the border.

    Wrong, I was misinformed.

    Unknowingly I spent 45 dollars and a hour with my son to make my daytime running lights work. Wrong again, Mercedes needs their experts to do it for $4000.00 dollars even though my lights work with my $45.00 modification. To add insult to this, they also want me to pay another $500.00 so they can inform their dealer that this work has to be done. I can assure Mercedes Benz of Canada that I am more qualified to work on the electrical component of my SL500 then any of their local reps. I even asked them if they would look at what I did, they refuse. They are ruthless, and morally wrong and and have been given a license from our government to steal our money. Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, had the grief of paying for a Mercedes Benz instrument cluster change when all I really had to do was select METRIC from my cluster settings! Permanent daytime running lights were programmable and the U.S. dealership would have done that free of charge. I also had to pay for a safety restraint system (SRS) module because, according to the MB dealer, it activated at 1 MPH different than the Canadian design. Neither change would have been necessary as far as the Canadian inspection was concerned. In summary:
    * $250 Dealer “compliance” fee
    * $1830 instrument cluster (part only)
    + SRS control (part only)
    * $1298 instrument cluster replacement (labour)
    + SRS control replacement (labour)
    + Mercedes Benz Canada admin fees (550)
    Total $3378 unnecessary fees!
    PLUS 4 weeks of unnecessary delay!

    ReplyDelete